2020, The Year of Greatness or Doom? You Decide

Into the unknown...
Into the unknown...
Not blatantly singing this song just because I love it but because we are really entering into the unknown.

So much has happened at the start of 2020 - The world has entered into a standstill due to Corona, and my new phase of life is starting.

I got engaged to my 5 years boyfriend-now-fiance in 30th March 2019.
Thank you to those friends who were in this together with my now fiance lol.

Fiance sang "Hero" before he knelt down before me.

I quit my job and went to another one in the same industry but did not stay long, joined an insurance company to do cold calling part time before I got employed again on February 2020.
I would say the journey was quite a life lesson learnt - do not just dive in just because you desperately need a job. 


Upon receiving "You Are Hired" email, I was once again filled with genuine hope and excitement because I really did a one month reflection on sorting out what is the next step in and do I really want this. 
My fiance was great as he supported me at that point of time - he said to throw off the weight of having to save up for a house and plan a wedding and refocus my attention to myself. 

On February 2020, I joined Far East Organization as a Sales & Leasing Consultant. I got a job before the pandemic hit the world and forced everybody to stay home - beyond blessed and all these came with my own efforts!


So much has indeed happened to everyone this 2020 and although we are halfway through the year already, we should not be so quick to put an axe to our positive mindset before. Contrary, I feel that it is a good thing that we have a pause in our work life to stop and smell the roses - great time to reflect, to do what you have been wanting to do - like how I finally find some time to go into writing again and posting this.. Ahem...

So how can you determine that 2020 is a bad year and then sulk in all the negativity? Even so, are you going to scorn throughout the end of 2020 and began throwing confetti and say "2021 will be a good year!!!"? It is a cycle all over again, don't you see it? Take charge of your life!

---------------------------------//-----------------------------------------


<Self Adv>

During the job transition phase...

"So what are you doing now ah?"
"I am working with a developer as a sales and leasing consultant."
"...?"
"Basically I am renting or selling out a business space of our building."
"Oh...so you doing construction now la?"
__________

"So what are you doing now ah?"
"I am working with a developer as a sales and leasing consultant..."
(And cos I have learnt from the previous conversation.) 
"...like renting or selling out a business space of our building."
"Oh...so you are a property agent ah?"

I get these comments so much and I am quite shock to know that not everyone knows the difference?
Sorry if I did not do a fantastic job in elaborating my job scope.

Lease consultants interact with potential and existing residential tenants on behalf of landlords and property management companies. A lease consultant may greet potential renters, show vacant apartments, explain pricing and lease terms, process rental applications and negotiate lease renewals.

In Far East Org. we are the landlords for most of the buildings we developed. So we focus on only our portfolios developed or bought by Far East Orchard Limited.

I am in the Commercial business unit so I focus on Industrial, Office and Medical Suites - we call this Business Spaces. Know anybody that is looking for these business spaces, hit me up!







Comments